Name of the Library: National Library of Ukraine for Children

Ukraine Childrens 1

Name of the Library: National Library of Ukraine for Children
Parent Organisation: Ministry of Culture of Ukraine

Street Address: 60 Baumana St. Kyiv 03190
Telephone : + 444006587
Web Address:
Library Email:
Type of Library : national library, specialized library for children
Project Type:  New Building
Size (square metres): 4995 m2
Date of Completion: 1979
Architect: M. P. Budilovskiy, I.A. Zeitlina

Ukraine Childrens 2

National Library of Ukraine for Children is the main books’ depository in Ukraine. It is the national book depository of literature for children, scientific and methodical, informative and consultant center for the network of specialized libraries for children in Ukraine.

Short history of the library
The library was established in 1967 as a State Republic Library for Children for the coordination of the network of libraries for children. After the Act of Declaration of Independence of Ukraine (1991) the library got the status of the State Library of Ukraine for Children.  The library got a status of the national library with the Act of the President of Ukraine in 2003.

The National Library of Ukraine for Children was designed by a well-known artists and sculptors. The ceramic works: “The Fairytales of the World”, “The History of Books and Book Printing”, compositions dedicated to the history of music and handicrafts and other decorations made of grog and ceramic glaze were created by Olga Rapay (sculptor-ceramist, member of the National Union of Artists of Ukraine); metallic forging and stained glass windows were made by Oleksandr Mylovzorov; handmade arras were made by Svitlana and Evgenia Kravchenko; the arch near the entrance door and the bronze sculpture of a reading boy were made by Boris Dovgan (member of the National Union of Artists of Ukraine) .

Ukraine Childrens 3

Today National Library of Ukraine for Children is a cultural, educational, upbringing, scientific and informative institution. It is the center of libraries’ and bibliographic service for children and teens.

The library has being the main depository of books for children for years. The collection contains more than 525 000 books, periodicals and audio- visual documents, over 20 000 users visit the library per year. The collection of rare and valuable books includes books and periodicals that children read in 19th century. The library offers readers more than 15 000 books in foreign languages. Among them are world-famous publishing houses «Enciclopaedia Britannica», «Dorling Kindersley», «Tessloff Verlag».

The library is a scientific-methodical institution for libraries for children of Ukraine. Its sociological department conducts local and state sociological investigations about modern readers’ interests, investigates information needs of children, teens and reading leaders in schools. Library service recommends the best samples of literature for children, forms a reading circle, it offers virtual servicing as well.

As a creative lab, the library holds events on Ukrainian and international levels together with the community, institutions and organizations that deal with the problems of upbringing and education of children. The library works with regional communities, with families and through the common families’ events employs parents to the process of organization of children’s reading. Library does a lot for informative and bibliographical assurance of educational process and works in two directions: for pupils and for teachers. Young readers can have a content leisure time in different clubs and studios.
Library improves informative and bibliographical work with the information technology.

Awards, case studies, further information

BiblioTemaTV –
Malenkiy chytajlik –
Psychologist in the library –



Edinburgh Central Library, Scotland, United Kingdom

Edinburgh City Library
Edinburgh City Library

Name of the Library: Edinburgh Central Library
Parent Organisation: City of Edinburgh Council

Postal Address: George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1EG
Telephone : +441312428000
Web Address
Library Email

Type of Library: Central/ Main Library
Population served: 450 000
Project Typ: Refurbishment
Size (square metres): 7140
Date of Completion 15th May 2014 (refurbishment)
Architect Lesley McMillan (original architect George Washington Browne)

Reference Library
Reference Library

Edinburgh Central Library opened in 1890 and sits in the heart of Edinburgh’s Old and New Town World Heritage Site, only a few hundred yards from the Royal Mile and a five minute walk from Edinburgh Castle. It is 10 minutes walk from the City’s main railway station and sits on major bus routes. It is also one of a collection of cultural buildings in the area, including the  National Library of Scotland and the National Gallery.

The library incorporates 5 different sections – a Reference Library, Children’s Library, Lending Library, Edinburgh and Scottish Collection, Music Library and Art Library.
It is built on the site of the mansion of Sir Thomas Hope who was the King’s (Charles I) Advocate in 1626 and the library incorporates two lintels from the original building. Central Library is built in the French Renaissance style and bears a resemblance to some of the French chateaux of the Loire.

The domed ceiling of the Reference Library is the finest of its type in Scotland and the room remains almost as it was originally intended with built in catalogue drawers on the east wall and galleries above the book bays. The cruciform design makes maximum use of natural light. As well of being a place of quiet study, the Reference Library is used, outside of normal opening hours, as a venue for Edinburgh City Libraries’ popular events programmes. Author visits are filmed and are available online –

Children's Library
Children’s Library

We have also hosted the launch of the prestigious Edinburgh International Book Festival in our Reference Library.

The Lending Library is also exactly where it was on opening day although then the public were unable to browse for books and had to request items from a board listing titles – now it is the busiest lending library in Edinburgh and operates with four self service units.
The final original room was the News Room, which now houses the Edinburgh and Scottish Collection. This room was originally tiled all the way round, and a frieze of tiles has been retained on the main staircase. The tiles were specially made for the building and incorporate the motifs of the castle and anchor which symbolise Edinburgh.

The library has recently benefited from a refurbishment of the Edinburgh and Scottish Collection, the Music Library and the Children’s Library. This has resulted in a blending of old and new. The Music Library now boasts composing software and a digital piano, whilst the Children’s Library has been decorated by an award winning children’s illustrator.

As well as having a striking physical presence Edinburgh Central Library also underpins much of Edinburgh City Libraries’ online presence. The Capital Collections website makes the fabulous collection of prints, illustrations and photographs held in the Central Library available across the world, whilst Our Town Stories takes the collections a step further, allowing the user to explore Edinburgh and its stories more fully.

Awards, case studies, further information
Bookseller Library of the Year Award 2012



Vorarlberger Landesbibliothek / Vorarlberg State Library, Bregenz, Austria

Vorarlberg State Library.Convent and Castle
Convent and Castle

Name of the Library: Vorarlberger Landesbibliothek / Vorarlberg State Library
Parent Organisation: Vorarlberger Landesregierung / Vorarlberg provincial government

Street Address: Fluher Straße 4, 6900 Bregenz
Postal Address: Fluher Straße 4, 6901 Bregenz, Austria
Telephone : +43 (0) 5574/511-44005
Web Address:
Library Email:

Type of Library :Regional Library
Population served: population of Vorarlberg state and the nearby region of Lake Constance
Project Type: Conversion
Size (square metres): 3.860 m2
Date of Completion: 1986
Architect: Adolf Gaudy (Convent building and church 1907-1915)

Event Hall
Event Hall

Vorarlberg State Library has been initially founded in 1904 as a library besides the Vorarlberg State Archive and reorganized in 1977 as an independent scientific library with universal alignment. Since 1986 the library is situated in its converted new location above the city of Bregenz on the way to Gebhardsberg hill with view to Lake Constance.

The modern made of glass entry is connecting the formerly two buildings from very different periods: the small gothic castle of “Babenwohl” with its origin back to the 14th century and its heydays in the 16th and 19th century, now used for administration, and the classicistic formerly convent building of the swiss Benedictine order from the very early 20th century, now used for the public library. St. Gallus´ Church as an important part of the convent is now containing the wonderful “Kuppelsaal”, a hall with a 36 metres high dome, now adapted for open access to thousands of books too and very popular for public events.

The main duties of the Vorarlberg State Library are to be an universal scientific library for the general public and the educational institutions in the region, to be the cultural memory and literature archive of Vorarlberg and the region around and a meeting point for longlife learning and different events.
The library is offering hybrid holdings containing manuscripts, books and journals as well as audio-visual media and all kinds of e-content. And the Teaching Library is giving lessons on informed society and on doing research to more than two thousand high-school graduates every year.


Bibliothèque interuniversitaire de Santé, Paris, France

BIU Santé - Pôle Médecine-Odontologiemedecine-ext

Name of the Library: Bibliothèque interuniversitaire de Santé, Paris
Parent Organisation: Université Paris Descartes

Street Address: 12 rue de l’École de Médecine – 75270 Paris
Postal Address: 12 rue de l’École de Médecine – 75270 Paris
Telephone : + 33 1 76 53 19 51

Web Address:
Library Email :
Type of Library :Multipurpose  building , Special Library
Population served:  French health professionals
Size (square metres): 8716
Date of Completion: 1882-1891
Architect: Jacques Gondouin, Léon Ginain

BIU Santé - Pôle Médecine-Odontologiemedecine-interieur

The Bibliothèque interuniversitaire de Santé (BIU Santé) offers collections in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy and associated sciences. It resulted from the merging of two other institutions in 2011: the Bibliothèque interuniversitaire de médecine et d’odontologie (BIUM) and the Bibliothèque interuniversitaire de pharmacie (BIUP), even though the two sites remain distinct.

The BIUM (“Bibliothèque interuniversitaire de médecine”) used to be the Library of the Faculty of Medicine of Paris, dating back from the Middle Ages. After the French Revolution, the collections were reconstituted by the surgeon and librarian Pierre Sue.
The history of the collection of the “Bibliothèque interuniversitaire de Pharmacie” (BIUP) goes back to 1570, when four masters of the community of apothecaries and grocers donated works to their corporation. In 1882 the library moved to the Faculty of Pharmacy in Paris, “avenue de l’Observatoire”.

BIU Santé - Pôle Médecine-Odontologiepharma-ext

The merger of these two libraries was decided in September 2009 and became effective in 2011.

The BIU Santé is a CADIST (French acronym for center of acquisition and dissemination of scientific and technical information) for medicine, odontology and cosmetology. It is also an associated center of the National Library of France concerning medicine and pharmacy.

As a research library, the BIU Santé is especially dedicated to students, researchers and teachers within health disciplines, including psychology. It greets every non-academic health professional and every person who conducts researches matching its collections.

The « BIU Santé » is a reference library recognized at an international level in medical field. It also owns the total of French dissertations in medicine and dental surgery and keeps one copy of each. Concerning Paris, the dissertations collection goes back to 1539. The BIU Santé is the depositary of the legal deposits covering works of medicine and dentistry. The whole collection is one of the three richest in the world, with the National Library of Medicine (USA) and the Wellcome Library (London).

• More than 400 000 printed works
• Near 16 000 French and foreign periodicals
• Many electronic resources (electronic documents, databases, online periodicals, websites)
The history of Health
• 1.118 manuscripts
• 3.000 works from the 16th century, 6.700 from the 17th, 16.000 from the 18th and 130.000 from the 19th
• Drawings, engravings, photographs and medals
Pharmacy-biology, cosmetology
• More than 88.000 volumes ;
• More than 4.000 serial publications (periodicals and collections)
• 204 manuscripts











Stadtbücherei Wermelskirchen, Germany

Germany 1

Name of the Library Stadtbücherei Wermelskirchen
Parent Organisation: Stadt Wermelskirchen

Street Address:Kattwinkelstr. 3, 42929 Wermelskirchen
Telephone :+492196710410
Web Address:
Library Email

Type of Library Small Community Library
Population served: about 35.000
Project Type: Conversion
Size (square metres): 800 m2
Date of Completion 1991
Architect Hilverkus/Staller/Reinhardt

A public library in an industrial building with a sawtooth-roof,
successful conversion of an existing building, which is under a preservation order


Center of Deeds of Astan Quds Razavi, Mashad,Iran

Name of the Library:  The Organization of  Libraries, Museums and Center of  Deeds of Astan Quds Razavi
Parent Organisation: Astan Quds Razavi, Mashhad, Iran

Street Address: Bast (Sanctuary) Shaykh Tousi
Postal Address: P.O. Box: 91735-177
Telephone : 0098-51-32219553
Web Address:
Library Email:

Type of Library: Main Library
Population served: 3,000,000
Project Type: New Building
Size (square metres): 28800 square meters
Date of Completion of present new building: 1995 but started in 1457 AD
Architect: Reza Deyshidi of Astan Quds Razavi Construction Company, Mashhad, Iran


Distinctive Features and detailed description
The Central Library of Astan Quds Razavi situated in the holy city of Mashhad is the largest library in Iran was established in 974 AD but was opened for public use in 1457 AD. It is considered as the leading oldest library in the world which is still functioning on a grand scale.
1: Adjoined and belongs to the Holy Shrine of Imam Reza (A.S.) beside the Central Library have established fifty constituent affiliated libraries in Mashhad and different cities and towns in Iran.
2: Preserving very old and rare manuscripts, artefacts and museum objects and some of them date back to more than one thousand years old.
3: Preserving thousands of exquisite and precious manuscripts of the Holy Quran, rare manuscripts and old printed books which is considered as the largest collection of its kind in the world.
4: Possessing a vast collection of printed books in different fields of study including Islamic studies and humanities.
5: The glorious and magnificent building of the Central Library is unique and exclusive in its kind in the history of Islamic art.
6: Accomplished with sophisticated facilities and modern equipment for improving and upgrading the services offered to the people, and also preserving the deeds, manuscripts and precious sources of the library.
7: Holding rich collection of historical deeds and some of them date back to 15th century and old and rare periodicals published in Iran since 1846.
8: Administering 12 grand specialized museums located in the vicinity of the Holy Shrine of Imam Reza (A.S.).These museums are now considered as largest and widely viewed museums in the Islamic Republic of Iran.
The main duty of publication unit of the central library is as follow:
– The publication of the indexes of the manuscripts
– The quarterly scholarly journal “Library and Information Science”
– Daneshvars (The newsletter of the library)
– Brochures
– Instructional pamphlets

Awards, case studies, further information
Selected by the Open Education Database (OEDB) as among the 20 Libraries that have changed the world (2012)

Three of the collections preserved in the central library is registered in the list of the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage List.



Biblioteca Central de la UNED, Madrid, Spain

Photo: Rebeca Rodríguez
Photo: Rebeca Rodríguez

Name of the Library: Biblioteca Central de la UNED
Parent Organisation: Universidad Nacional de Educacion Distancia (UNED)

Street Address: Paseo Senda del Rey, 5
Postal Address: 28040 MADRID
Telephone : +34 91 3986630
Web Address:

Type of Library: Central Library
Population served: university students, professors, managers and administrators
Project Type: New Building
Size (square metres): 8.000
Date of Completion 1994
Architect Jose Ignacio Linazasoro

Photo: Rebeca Rodríguez
Photo: Rebeca Rodríguez

In December 1994, the UNED inaugurated a new building designed to be its Central Library in Madrid. The project was commissioned to José Ignacio Linazasoro (San Sebastián 1947), Professor of Architecture Projects of the Polytechnic University of Madrid (UPM).

The architect wanted to isolate the place from the outer noise and let, at the same time, the surrounding nature penetrate the building. He conceived a cubic block in which he combined, on one hand, a study area with very narrow horizontal openings that simulate slots from a distance while, on the other, he opened up to landscape the offices and common areas with large windows looking at the Casa de Campo and Sierra de Guadarrama.

The external appearance of the building hides the complex distribution of internal space, producing a surprise effect when one enters to the first floor and contemplates the reading area distributed over six floors, creating a singular space linked through inner stairs located obliquely.


This whole, plus the top floor with the cafeteria and administration area and the bottom access hall, constitute the three independent different spaces, overlapped in height and “hermetic among them”, according to the architect, that form the area of use of the Library. A lower ground floor completes the total of nine floors of the building, and also a terrace that crowns it.

The access floor welcomes visitors thanks to the visual continuity that is established between the exterior and the interior, achieved through the use of the same material, travertine, for the inside floor and for the section in front of the entrance outside, and with panels and glass doors that allow natural light in, as well as the gaze of those who get close to the Library to reach all the space, where thick cylindrical concrete columns constitute this “hypostyle room” that others have also called “a forest of columns”.

It is here where we can admire a work from the renowned sculptor Cristina Iglesias (San Sebastián, 1956), showed at Venezia´s Biennale in 1993, consisting of two equal parts of cement with one side covered with molten aluminium panels with floral motifs. Tangentially arranged to two columns, they draw two diagonals in space.

Each of the following six plants has a similar distribution. They constitute, as mentioned above, a unitary space organized around an empty central space, square on the sixth floor and circular on the others, whose diameter decreases unnoticeably as you descend. Around this vacuum are the reading posts over which gravitate the sixteen wooden skylights in the form of a truncated pyramid, covered by translucent glass that screen the daylight reaching these posts. Alongside the six floors are located the shelves with the books, because the library is open access, occupying space and establishing a dialogue with the central vacuum.

The narrow and high horizontal windows scatter the light over the shelves and also contribute to the lighting of the rooms, preventing the reader from being distracted. The coating of wood absorbs the noise.

In the top floor the space is reversed: the interior is occupied by the coffered ceiling that form the wooden skylights and around it are the offices located in the east and north façades, with large windows for natural light to enter the work areas, and the cafeteria and the meeting room -in the south and west walls, respectively- where the “wall of glass” allows you to enjoy nature with spectacular views of the Parque del Oeste, the Royal Palace, the Almudena Cathedral and the Casa de Campo.

This unique building received a “new plant buildings” mention in the VIII Premios de Urbanismo, Arquitectura y Obra Pública in 1993, awarded by the Madrid City Council, and also received an honourable mention for the Architecture Awards in 1993, awarded by the COAM Association Architects of Madrid, and became, from the time of its inauguration, the public image of
IFLA Public Libraries Section 1001 Libraries to see before you die 3
the UNED in its presentation card. The library was also selected for the exhibition at the City Museum in October 1999 entitled “Madrid, Twentieth Century Architecture.

As a library for the distance learning university, the online services are essential and highly demanded: we are committed with the open access publication in the institutional repository e-SpacioUNED, the dissemination of instant information via social networks, support services for faculty research and informational skills for students, with social responsibility and environmental sustainability and accessibility services.

Awards, case studies, further information
UNED Innovation Awards to recognize and acknowledge these employees, their innovative programs and projects: 2007, 2010, 2013
Valencia Documentation Awards 2013
Further information:
Institutional repository:
Research portal:
Social media:

The Pavello de la Republica Library, Barcelona, Spain

Barcelona 3

Name of the Library: The Pavello de la Republica Library
Parent Organisation: The Learning and Research Resources Centre (CRAI) – University of Barcelona

Street Address: Av. Cardenal Vidal i Barraquer, 34-36, Barcelona Spain
Postal Address: 08035 Barcelona
Telephone : +34 934285457 (incl Country code)
Web Address
Library Email

Type of Library: Special Library
Population served: University community and researchers specialized in contemporary history of Spain
Project type: Refurbishment
Size (square metres): 1.300 square metres
Date of Completion 1937 (original building) / replica of 1992
Architect Josep Lluis Sert and Luis Lacasa (original building of 1937)
Antoni Ubach, Miquel Espinet and Juan Miguel Hernandez Leon (replica of 1992)

Barcelona 1

In 1937, while Civil War raged in Spain, the Republican government took part in the Exposition internationale des arts et techniques dans la vie moderne, popularly dubbed the Paris International Exposition of 1937. Civil war, however, led to changes in the blueprint for the project, which had initially been envisaged as a showcase for the technical advances made by participating nations. Instead, the Spanish pavilion was recast to bear witness to the tragic political situation unfolding within the country: “The Spanish section at the exposition (…) can and must depict the present moment and the extraordinary efforts of the Spanish people in defence of their independence and the cause of peace in the world”.

The pavilion, known as the Pavelló de la República, was conceived by the architects Josep Lluis Sert and Luis Lacasa as an empty box. It stood three storeys in height and contained almost no walls. The first floor was kept clear and it opened onto a courtyard that was covered by a canvas awning and served as an auditorium. A staircase climbed to the second floor and a ramp led up to the third, although vertical access was also available within the interior of the structure. The construction of the building reflected severe constraints on time and materials and the plans had to be adapted to sloping terrain and a requirement not to damage any pre-existing trees on the assigned plot of land.

Barcelona 2

The basic purpose of the pavilion was cultural and informational in nature. The aim was to provide news on the current situation in Spain, clearly state the Republican government’s objectives and stress the heroic struggle of the Spanish people. Displayed in the interior of the pavilion and on its facade, which acted as a sort of giant billboard, were posters, photographs, photomontages, proclamations, informative panels, and works of arts and crafts sent directly from Spain by the central government, the governments of the autonomous regions and the trade unions. Many of the works on show sought to influence public opinion with their references to the situation of Spain before and after the Republic and on the war itself.

The construction of the building, reflecting the severe constraints on time and materials imposed by the civil war, marked a significant architectural achievement in terms of its contributions and relationships with the prevailing avant-garde of that time. Pablo Picasso exhibited his famous painting Guernica alongside works by other artists, such as Calder’s Mercury Fountain, Julio González’s sculpture La Montserrat, Miró’s mural The Reaper, and Alberto Sánchez’s sculpture The Spanish People Have a Path That Leads to a Star, which stood outside the pavilion. A great number of the works of art on view were expressly created for the pavilion and represent the artists’ commitment and solidarity in the face of the tragedy exacted by the civil war.

For the 1992 Olympic Games, the Barcelona city hall commissioned a study from the architects Ubac/Espinet to create a copy of the original Pavelló de la República, which had been destroyed at the conclusion of the 1937 Paris International Exposition. Today, this emblematic building, given by the Barcelona city hall to the University of Barcelona, is home to the Pavelló de la República Library Collection, one of the world’s foremost sources of documentation on the Second Republic, the Spanish Civil War, the Franco dictatorship, exile and Spain’s democratic transition, particularly as these events affected Catalonia. Today, visitors to the pavilion will find a reproduction of Picasso’s famous Guernica in the open courtyard, where the original painting first hung in 1937.

Zentralbibliothek Hamm, Germany

Hamm HvKF_Nachtphoto_illuminiert_13x195 cm

Name of the Library: Zentralbibliothek Hamm
Parent Organisation: Stadtbüchereien Hamm im Deutschen Bibliotheksverband e.V.

Street Address: Heinrich-von-Kleist-Forum; Platz der Deutschen Einheit 1
Postal Address: D 59065 Hamm
Telephone : 0049-2381-175752
Web Address:
Library Email:

Type of Library:  Medium size town library
Population served: 177.000
Project Type (mark applicable): New Building
Size (square metres): 4.400 m² (special events area excluded)
Heinrich-von-Kleist-Forum in total 10.000 m²
Date of Completion: February 2010
Architect: applan mory/osterwalder/vielmo; Berlin/Stuttgart

Hamm Treppenhaus_1

Public library contains, presents and manages the data of the stocks of the neighbourhood University of Applied Sciences (in the same building)
Public library manages the data of the book stocks of municipal museum and municipal archive

Self-check (onloan and return); during night-time and weekends: exterior return station
automatic cash register
automated transporting and sorting system
new generation of OPAC (features to integrate electronic data included)
administration of ebook stocks in a network of appr. 40 libraries
(financial management via a registered association)
barrier-free access to all services
professional colour design
professional customer guiding system

festival of children’s and youth literature (spring)
intercultural week(s) (september)
literature festival (october/november)

social inclusion programs:
books for babies
books for pre-schoolers
abc-books (first-year pupils)
day of reading aloud (third-year pupils)
summer reading club
youth jury/youth reading competition

Hamm Sortier- und Förderanlage

Awards, case studies, further information
library (before the opening of the new building): library of the year 2005;

Case study (in English):
Central Library of Hamm. In: IFLA. Section on Library Buildings and Equipment. Newsletter 2011, No. 1, p. 14-17 (by Olaf Eigenbrodt)
Case studies (in German):
Hamm leistet sich ein neues Zentrum / Die Zentralbibliothek im Heinrich-von-Kleist-Forum steht für gelingenden Strukturwandel. In: Buch und Bibliothek 62 (2010), Nr. 11/12, S. 790–794 (by Olaf Eigenbrodt);
Die Zentralbibliothek der Stadtbüchereien Hamm in neuem Glanz. In: 13 (2010) Nr. 3, p. 307-314 (by Volker Pirsich)

Further information:





Liverpool Central Library, United Kingdom

Liverpool Central Library entrance, by Rept0n1x, licensed under Creative Commons (via
Liverpool Central Library entrance, by Rept0n1x, licensed under Creative Commons (via

Name of the Library: C, UK
Parent Organisation: Liverpool City Council, UK

Street Address: William Brown Street, Liverpool, L3 8EW
Postal Address: William Brown Street, Liverpool, L3 8EW
Telephone : +44 (0) 151 233 3000
Web Address: Email:
Type of Library : Central/ Main Library
Population served: About 500,000 people live in the city of Liverpool.
Project Type (mark applicable): New Building , Refurbishment
Size (square metres): 4,500
Date of Completion: 2013
Architect: Austin-Smith Lord

Interior of Liverpool Central Library, by John Bradley, licensed under Creative Commons (via
Interior of Liverpool Central Library, by John Bradley, licensed under Creative Commons (via

Plenty of information and pictures available here:
Awards, case studies, further information
National Building Excellence Award
Project of the Year 2014, RICS Awards