Name of the Library: New Taipei City Library
Parent Organisation: New Taipei City Government
Street Address: No. 139, Guixing Rd., Banqiao Dist., New Taipei City, Taiwan
Postal Address: 22060
Telephone : (886)2-29537868
Web Address: http://www.library.ntpc.gov.tw/
Library Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Type of Library : Central/ Main Library
Population served: 3,960,000
Project Type: New Building
Size (square metres): 6,137M2
Date of Completion:10/5/2015
Architect: J.C. Yang Architect and Associates
Designed as a big shelf with lots of books stacking together, New Taipei City Library Headquarters provides traditional library services and new technologies at the same time, and it’s also a diamond grade green building. Pioneering in serving 24 hours a day, the library is not only the new cultural landmark of New Taipei City, but also opens the new page in library serves. With the concept of “being considerate of all users,” the library is built under the principles of Universal Design. The library provides diverse reading spaces based on the needs of different kinds of readers, so that all the patrons can read in a friendly and comfortable environment, which makes them feel like reading at home.
24 hour opening
The library opens 24 hours a day, and the services won’t stop. The opening hour of New Taipei City Library Headquarters is the longest one among all the public libraries in Taiwan. The Self-checkout system at the 1st floor and the study room at the 4th floor are open 24 hours.The windows of the world—reading in the exotic atmosphere
From the 5th floor to the 8th floor we prepare the reading corners decorated with exotic themes, such as Japanese Zen style, Bali style, Northern European style, Mediterranean style, and others. Through these windows, the library can extend to the world. Readers are encouraged to read without electronic devices and enjoy the happiness of reading.Pioneering in Universal Design, Reader-friendly library
To meet the needs of different kinds of readers, the library is designed under the principle of Universal Design. Disabled readers, senior citizens and readers with special needs can read in a comfortable and convenient environment.Ready holds self-checkout services works 24/7
The first 24-hour self-checkout system in Asia is now equipped in the library. With this system, readers can pick up books that they have placed holds on with their library cards on their own.
Conserving the most amounts of periodicals in the public libraries in Taiwan
We provide over 1,100 kinds of periodicals in different languages, thus to serve our patrons with the lasted information.
A diamond- grade green building, an environment-protecting library.
Constructed based on the 9 Indicators of green buildings, the library is a environmentally responsible architecture that built up with materials efficiency and wasted as little as possible.
- Opening Hours
Monday to Sunday: the 1st floor and the 4th floor are open 24 hours a day; other floors are open from 8:30 to 21:00.
The library is closed on national holidays and the last Thursday every month. The day before closure is closed at 21:00, and the day after closure is open at 8:30.
- Floor Plan
B1-B3 Parking Garage
1.Circulation Service、24 Hours Self-Checkout、24 Hours Self-Return、New Arrival、New Taipei City Gallery、Braille Materials Room、Multifunctional Area、Coffee Shop
2.Periodicals & Newspapers、Bound Periodicals、Senior Citizens’ Resources
3.Young Reader’s Area、Young Reader’s Storytelling Zone、Auditorium、Family Reading Area、Breastfeeding Room
4. Study Room、Comics & Manga、New Taipei City District Resource Center、Sun Room
5. Multimedia Area、Information Commons、Group Multimedia Area、Multimedia Classroom、Classroom、Audiovisual Room、Multifunction Room、Reading Corner（Northern European style）
6. 800-999 Stacks、Reading Corner（British style, South French Cottage style, Bali style）
7. 400-799 Stacks、Discussion Room、Reading Corner（Mediterranean style）
8. 000-399 Stacks、Government Publications、Simplified Chinese Collection、Reading Corner（American style, Japanese Zen style）
9. Reference、Western Publications and Multicultural Collection、Local Collection、Conference Room
10. Administration office
- 2015 10 Libraries you must to visit in Taiwan
- Building Corban Footage Certificated BCFd Diamond Grade
FIABCI-Taiwan Real Estate Excellence Award/ Planning & Design Excellence Award / Golden Quality Award
- Certificated Universal Design Library for the Public
2015 IT Month Top 100 Innovative Products / Public Services Award
- The Friendly Building Of Ministry Of The Interior .Republic Of China (Taiwan)
- The Healthy City And Age-Friendly City Innovation Results Award And Facilitating Healthy Award
- Taiwan’s top ten comfort building